Karate (Grade K - 6 & Grade 7th - Adult)
Isshinryu karate is an Okinawan based karate system formally created in 1956 by its founder Tatsuo Shimabuku. Renshi Cindy Adelstein, a fourth degree black belt in the system, has been studying Isshinryu for over 20 years. It is both an honor and a responsibility for Renshi Adelstein to bring Isshinryu to Cape Cod.
- The Isshinryu system sets itself apart from other martial arts with the use of a vertical fist, strong rooted stances and straight line techniques.
- These attributes make Isshiinryu a more “street wise” system. Its techniques and sensible approach make this system a perfect combination of self defense and traditional martial arts concepts.
- For our Little Dragons program we will focus on directions, discipline, self-discipline, safe stranger, stranger danger as well as a bully buster curriculum.
- For our Jaguars, we will build on these skills by adding in conditioning, sport fitness and light contact sparring techniques.
- Location: KC Coombs Gym
- Length: 8 weeks
- Fee: Little Dragons & Jaguars $55 for residents, $65 for non-residents, Teens & Adults $65 for residents, $75 for non-residents
- Additional gear may be necessary as the student reaches intermediate ranks. This may include sparring equipment and a traditional bo staff. Additional gear will be the responsibility of the student.
- Instructor: Renshi Adelstein