In this 6-week class, you'll learn the benefits of this ancient & gentle movement practice which began in China over 3,000 years ago.
The practice of Qigong teaches us that through our breath, we can activate our Qi, our life force energy, to facilitate our body, emotion, heart and mind connection. Integrating movements and holding postures, we can enter into a relaxed and calm state with clarity of mind and compassion in our hearts. This practice helps us to stay grounded, centered and "present" as we move throughout our day. Qigong is a moving meditation.
Benefits of the practice include:
- Relaxation of the muscles releasing muscular tension
- Improved energy and vitality
- Enhanced mental focus and clear thinking
- Helps the immune system
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Improves Sleep
- Connection to the healing energy around us and in us
- Overall sense of well-being
- Taught by Margie Mitchell, Lee Holden Qigong Certified, Retired Physical Education Teacher