Sailing, Youth Sailing Lessons
Youth Sailing lessons will be offered at two levels, beginner and advanced beginner for youth ages 9 - 13 years of age. Our beginner class is designed for sailors with very little or no experience. The focus of the class will be on parts of the boat, boating safety, and basic boat handling. Our advanced beginner class is designed for confident beginner sailors who have participated in a sailing program previously. The same skills covered in the beginner program will be briefly reviewed and improved. Less time will be spent on learning parts of the boat and more time will be spent on boat handling.
Children MUST be able to swim.
- Classes will be taught by an experienced sailing instructor aboard our American Daysailer 15.
- Each lesson will consist of onshore instruction and on-the-water drills taught to US Sailing Standards.
- Note, for inclement weather: Instructor will notify parents as soon as he makes a decision. We'll communicate make-up lessons with parents.
- Classes held Tuesday and Thursday
- Location: John's Pond Town Beach
- Instructor: Dino Garbero, US Sailing Certified Instructor (Level 1)
- All participants must be able to swim at least 50 yards.
- Please bring water, snack, hat, sunscreen, non-skid water shoes and a type III PFD Life Jacket (will be provided if you don’t have one).